Saturday, June 21, 2008

odd things

The past few days I have had a few odd (or unexpected, or Happy Realizations) things come up in my life.

First, I realized that I had some vacation time left over at work that I could cash in. That will help with the financial end of life. I talked to my employer and found out I had more hours than I realized. Yay for not taking vacation! I guess.

Then Luis suggested that the vacation time I have would cover us for the rest of the month so that I could hold off on applying for unemployment insurance. The result of that is that the amount I would get paid will go up. Yay for Luis!

Then a friend of my mom's called me. She is looking at buying a condo in my mom's building, but it will need updating. She is interested in hiring me to help her main construction guy get all the work done. Yay for mom's friends!

So I am feeling a little better about our finances.

No comments: