Monday, June 09, 2008

No work

Today is the first day in a year that I have woken up without the prospect of work. My company is feeling the effects of the crappy economy. Our customers are generally on the rich end of "Well Off", if not downright Rich, but even they are hording their money right now. Scary.

Not that I mind having the day off. My body is still wracked from a weekend of Dragon Boat racing. I feel like I've given more effort this year on the team. Or maybe my body is having a harder time keeping up. Regardless, I arrived home at 6pm after our post-race party and fell into bed. Woke up around 2.30am when some dumb shit called my phone, probably looking for a sober friend to pick them up at a closed bar, but went right back to sleep. Finally got up around 7.30am. So even if I had been scheduled to work, I probably would have planned ahead and asked for the day off.

One day off is ok, one week off is my "waiting week" to apply for unemployment, two weeks off and it's resume time.

No comments: