Friday, June 27, 2008

New toy

So I sucked it up and bought a new digital camera. (Yes, yes, I realize I've been laid off and have no money coming in. But that's usually the time when I decide to spend what little cash I have left.) I've been jonsing for one for a while. The only digital camera I've ever owned was a small point n' shoot that I used in Mexico, which eventually took a dive into a public toilet. At a bar. While I was drunk.

Ick.

So I've been without camera for over a year now. And the itch was getting to me. I went to my favorite local camera store and asked their advice. Went home, did a bit of online research, went back to the store, looked at different cameras. And finally bit the bullet on Monday, added to my debt, and bought a Nikon D40.

I've taken a few photos on it, but haven't loaded the software onto my computer yet. Need to empty the hard drive first. It's a fun camera and I think it will get me into the swing of digital photography. And hopefully it will get me taking photos again.

No comments: