Monday, March 05, 2007

Reclaiming the House

So I decided. I'm staying here in Portland.

I called my potential renters to give them the bad news. Then I went to my storage locker and packed as much as I could into my little car, and took it back to the house. I asked a friend if he could help me move the rest of my things into the house this Saturday. The only thing left was to talk to Luis.

When I talked to him, and he was sad but supportive. We talked a bit about what he needed to do down there (close up the shop, sell the tools if he could, sell one of the motorcycles, etc). We talked about me flying down there to gather some things up and say a proper goodbye to the family. He said he was going to call his old boss in Sacramento to see what the work situation looked like. And he told me that he wanted to stay down there until his brother Jorge moved down in May.

I thought this might be a goal of his. His brother Jorge is more like a father to him than a brother. And Jorge has been saying he wants to move back to Mexico for a while now. Luis feels like, and has always felt this way, he should help Jorge out as much as possible. So at the worst Luis could be back up here by June.

Now I need to get back on the ball and get myself re-established here. Call the utilities and get them back in my name, start looking for a job, get my brain wrapped around the idea of staying here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.