Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Going Up

I’ve been eating like a bird these days. A big, carnivorous, hungry, indiscriminate bird. Because of course, birds eat their own body weight in food on a daily basis. I had started to gain weight right before I left Tuxpan, but this was pretty normal down there – my weight would fluxuate within a few pounds on a regular basis. When I got up here I was so excited to eat food I hadn’t had in 14 months – Violet’s breakfast, thai food, Peet’s coffee with real half & half, cheap frozen pizzas, etc. So now I have a layer of fat on me that hadn’t been there two months ago. Bummer.

Also, whatever I’m eating doesn’t always agree with my system. Lately I’ve been going to bed feeling over-full and uncomfortably bloated. As if whatever I’ve eaten has turned into a stone in my stomach. I wake up and feel the same. Maybe the food here has more preservatives and that is affecting my stomach. Maybe I’ve been eating heavier food. Or maybe my body is adjusting to the food here. Regardless, I need to start eating better.

No comments: