Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Wrap it up

Today is Tuesday, and my time here is winding down. I suddenly feel like I'm under the gun to get stuff done. I've gotten most things done, but there are a few outstanding tasks. The biggest at this point is to get some debris out of our back yard. I had seen a pile of wood in the yard one of the first days I was here and asked Amy if it was stuff we had left behind when we remodelled the kitchen, or if it was stuff Nathan had brought home from his construction job. Turns out it is mostly stuff we left behind. I feel a bit bad since it has been in the yard for 6 months, but Nathan and Amy don't seem to mind. But now I need to get the stuff out of there in 4 days.

I have a call into our garbage company to see if I can get a drop box, but I'm not sure if they can make that quick a turn around. Luckily Nathan is going to be staying in the house for an extra week. Jillian (my new renter) has some leeway in her current lease, so she is fine with him staying. So that might give me some extra time to get those things out with Nathan's help.

Nathan and Amy have been some of the best renters I could have ever been blessed with. They are so low key and understanding of my situation. When they moved in, Luis and I were in such a rush to get to Mexico that we left garbage in the backyard, couldn't take the time to troubleshoot why the dishwasher wouldn't work (turns out it was a poorly wired outlet!), and left a bunch of furniture and various things in the house. Nathan and Amy said they would be happy to use the furniture and didn't mind cleaning up after us. While I've been here they have been so accomodating. They even let me borrow their car to go out to Home Depot and Target one day. Apparently I've been living at the foot of the cross (as my friend Cindy would say), and deserve great renters like them.

But alas, they are leaving. Otherwise I wouldn't be here.

And now I have to wrap things up. It's not that there are a lot of things left to do - I could probably take care of all of them in one day - but they are by necessity spread out over a few days. I have some spark plugs on order for Luis' motorcycle that won't be in until Wednesday. I have to exchange keys and checks with Jillian, but that won't happen until Thursday. I have to move our left-behind furniture to storage, but that won't happen until Thursday as well. Everything else is manageable in over one or two days.

So I need to just relax and not worry about getting it all done. Deep breaths, Laura..... Luckily for me it's another sunny day today. Most of the past week has been rainy and cold. So sun is a very welcome change.

1.40pm - Again, I'm living at the foot of the cross. Got a drop box to be delivered tomorrow, reserved a moving truck for Thursday, and I got myself out to and back from Beaverton!

No comments: