Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ready?

I've been thinking of my life in Mexico more and more as these past two weeks have gone on. At first I didn't think about it at all. I was busy living my life here. My life there was on hold, in another dimension.

But lately I've been thinking about what my life is back there. I think about spending time in our one room, about not being able to have those everyday conversations, about just existing in the small town. I've thought about Laura and baby Luis, Cynthia, Mario, and Luis.

It's been nice not having to think about all them for a while. It's not a reflection on the people there. It is a reflection on me. It's exhausting living in a foreign country. And getting a break from that is good every once in a while.

But my mind is wandering back there. Preparing myself, I guess.

No comments: