Monday, May 29, 2006

Tuxpan Trivia

I was surfing around trying to Google some info on Tuxpan when I came across this link of photos of my adopted home town:
Tuxpan photos
So when I tell you I was walking around the Center in town, just imagine these photos. Except that last one.

I also found this photo of Subcomandante Marcos actually walking through the streets of Tuxpan:
Marcos
Alas, we were in the US when he visited.

In fact, to prove that I was in Portland, this link also came up on the search:
mmmm... brekkky

For those of you into geographic factiods:
Tuxpan coordinates: Lat: 19:30:11N (19.5031) Lon: 103:18:23W (-103.3063)
Tuxpan elevation: 4,131 ft/1,259 m
In 1990 the population was 25,895. So although Luis has told me there are about 50,000 people in the town, I seriously doubt it's doubled in population in 16 years - it's just not growing that fast. I'm guessing there are maybe 30,000 people there now. Small, small, small town!

And, last but not least, a representation of the town's crest. It translates to "City of the Eternal Party".

No comments: