Friday, May 26, 2006

Feels Like Monday

I woke up in a crappy mood today. I'm not sure why. I've been very productive while I've been here in Portland. I rented our house, fixed a number of issues in the kitchen, got a Spanish language CD program (I have yet to actually start studying with it, however), returned a car part to Napa, saw my old boss, celebrated my birthday, run a ton of little errands, went out on the town one night, and eaten as much non-Mexican food as I can.

But something is off today. It's rainy, but that's normal for Portland. I'm not sleeping very well. I'm sleeping on the couch, which is very comfortable, but the sun seems to come up here earlier than it does in Tuxpan. Or maybe it's just that there are more windows here than in my room in Mexico. So I end up waking up earlier, and I seem to be staying up later. But I have sleeping problems in Tuxpan as well, so this is nothing new.

I think there are too many things brewing in my brain. Things tend to swim around in my brain for a while before I can actually make sense of them. Sometimes it helps to write about those things while they are still swimming around, but sometimes I just need to let them sit. While I was here in Portland, I wanted to spend a lot of time writing - in my journal and on this site - just to get things out of my head, but I've not written much so far. I'm not sure if I'm afraid of tackling some of the thoughts in my head or if they just need more time. Guess I'll try writing some and then just wait.

No comments: