Friday, September 19, 2008

wound tight

I feel very stressed lately. I guess I have good reason... but...

I have a friend coming to town (yaaaay! this isn't the stress part), so I will have to play hostess to a degree. I mean, this is a long-time really good friend, so she will understand if I'm less than organized, but still....

My job is still fucked. My manager has no fucking clue. His personal issues are so on the surface. My co-workers and I spend too much time on the job playing armchair therapists and discussing his "issues". This week was pretty bad - I guess because the boss was out of town and manager-boy had control of the shop. He is woefully unprepared to deal with that. So my main co-worker and I had two full days of wanting to bitch-slap the manager from the first minute of work. Not good.

Plus Luis went down to Mexico to deal with some shit down there and to see his family. I'm sure he is having a wonderful time. And I kinda miss being there, in some sort of "distance makes the heart grow fonder" type of way. So I'm on my own right now. Except... oh yeah, I have Luis' cousin Moi staying in the house with me.

He's pretty good about staying out of the way. Since we gave him his own tv, he pretty much spends his time in his room. But there is always the little voice in the back of my head saying "there's someone else here". And to some degree I'm responsible for him.

So no "me time" for me. Maybe that's what I need. Which is why I'm here at Beulahland, finishing off my second beer.....

No comments: