Friday, September 19, 2008

Fuuuuuuccckdddd Uuuuup!

I am now at Beulahland. Drinking a beer. So I feel better. But about an hour ago I was ready to tear the head off a barrista, chew it up, and regurgitate it down her throat.

Yeah.... that bad.

There are two cafes near my house. One is about 1 1/2 blocks away, in an old revamped arts and crafts style house. The other is about 4 blocks away in an old storefront and usually has live music or other such distractions. But the closer one has a vibe I can't quite put my finger on, and don't quite like. Nothing bad, but not as comfortable as the other one.

This evening when I decided I needed to get online to take care of shit in my life, I decided to walk the extra (oh-so-far) three blocks and go to that cafe. Besides, they serve beer, so the extra walk is oh-so-worth it! I get there, order a bottled beer, and then they tell me they are closing in about 15 minutes. Beer and spare change were re-exchanged and I opted for the less yummy cafe. I get there and order an au lait. I sit down, plug in and try to get online. For 20 fucking minutes!

I've had problems getting online there before (another reason I don't really like that place), so I tried all my usual tricks. Turn airport off, then on again. Quit my email program, start it up again. Fucking restart my computer. Repeat.

No go. I tell the barrista that I can't get online. She says she'll reboot the server. I guess she did it at some point, but I still couldn't get online. Finally after 20 minutes I cut my losses and drove over here to Beulahland.

Shoulda just come here in the first place.

No comments: