Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yes, I'm employed again

But it's at my same old job. Whoopie.

I had a long conversation with my boss this week. Not a very comfortable or good one. I was essentially asking for a raise, he was essentially telling me I wasn't worth it.

Blech.

After talking with Luis and my mom about all this, I start to wonder if I am over selling myself. Am I worth that much less than my co-worker? Then the same old shit happens at work and I wonder why I'm paid $3 less an hour than him. And worse than that, why I'm paid probably $5-6 less an hour than my manager.

My co-worker's pay I can deal with, although I think it is too much higher than mine by $2 per hour. But the fact that my manager is paid so much more than me becomes more and more of an insult to me.

But.... am I worth the same amount or just slightly less?

No comments: