Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ye Shall Be Healed!!

I had a couple of religious people come to my door this morning. Not sure what religion they were - I didn't bother to ask - but they were looking to convert me. I politely told them that I was set, I didn't need to have that conversation.

Of course, they were looking for any type of "in" to get me to talk with them. They noticed I'm wearing a wrist brace and asked if I had broken my wrist. No, I told them, my doctor thinks I'm getting arthritis, so she is having me wear the brace.

The guy said, "oh yes, I have some of that."

They then asked if they could pray for me and the health of my wrist. Sure you can. So the woman stepped forward and took my hand. Oh, you mean pray for me right here, right now. Oh, ok.

So she wheels into a prayer, asking for God's grace to perform a miracle and remove the arthritis in my wrist.

I politely stood there and let them pray away, thinking "I'm not sure this is gonna work on me, a non-believer, if the prayers haven't taken away the arthritis in the gentleman believer on my porch."

Then they walked away to the next house down the block.

No comments: