Thursday, July 27, 2006

A Good Day

Today was a good day. We are working on stripping, fixing and refinishing a set of really old doors for a woman here in town. I'm finally feeling like I'm working in my arena again! I've patched old parts (with wood, not putty!) and made some new parts for the doors, and I think they will look great when they are done.

We have our shop space (photos coming soon) because our friends Joel and Miriam had extra space and are letting us use it rent free. They still have some things in there, and they are raising chickens in a space off our space, so they are around a lot. But they are really good people and I like them a lot. I have an easier time talking to them sometimes than I do with the family down here. They just seem more at ease with my limited Spanish.

I'll post some photos of the doors (before and after) once we're done.

No comments: