Tuesday, July 25, 2006

8 Hour Flu

Last night I went to bed exhausted. We've been working hard on this job of refinishing these really old doors for a really old house. We were actually at the shop until 8 or 9pm last night! Sometime in the middle of the night I got up to use the bathroom. As soon as I sat up in bed I got the chills. I walked to the bathroom shivering. I walked back from the bathroom with chattering teeth. I crawled back into bed and snuggled up to Luis who is usually a furnace when he sleeps. A while later I woke up feverish. The light sheet we sleep under was too much for me. I was sweating a bit. And my body ached. I couldn't find a comfortable position. I slept some more, fitfully, constantly moving around.

I finally got up to find some aspirin. I used the light on my phone so I wouldn't wake Luis up. I figured I had been active enough in bed that he probably hadn't gotten much sleep either. To my surprise it was only 3.30 am. I thought for sure it was more like 5.30 am. I eventually slept some more, and woke up not feeling cold or warm. It was odd. Like I had an overnight flu. But today I've been low energy and my body still aches. So maybe I'm not over it yet.

No comments: