Sunday, December 24, 2023

Because of course

 I’m really glad that Greg is on this first stretch of my run down to Texas. 

My 12-volt battery system batteries have been not working since I got the oil changed in my RV. The shop that did the change didn’t realize they were running the batteries down. Granted, the batteries were 4 or 5 years old already, but running them down to zero truly killed them. 

I had plugged the RV into shore power & they came back up to half power. So we hit the road. 

On our first night, they died again. So….off to buy two new deep cycle battery the time of $270. Ugh. 

We stopped to top off the diesel tank before we hit California.  I had a nice .50 cent discount, so we got out of there for $120. 

Don’t let anyone tell you that living in an RV is inexpensive. 😄

On the highway again and we start up the Siskyou Mountains. Only to overheat. 

Sigh. 

Now we’re hanging out in the side of the highway waiting for the engine to cool down so we can see if we can figure out what il the issue is. 

Greg has been a truck driver for 15 or so years, so he’s been a godsend so far. 


No comments: