Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh it's so unfair!

So my previous co-worker is hogging some work that could be mine. He was the manager (of all three of us - like his was a necessary position!), but since the economy tanked, he was demoted and I was laid off. So now there are two employees at the company - one is more full time, said co-worker is on a "come in when we need you" status. And he has been a baby about it all. Like somehow his suffering is more important, more desperate than anyone else's. Get over it dude!

He finally gave in and started job hunting, and lo and behold - found a job! As a car salesman, of all things. I wish him well. And I wish he would go on to the other job already! He gave two weeks notice - which is commendable - but his new job wanted him to start sooner. He has been trying to work it out so that he gets as much work as he can without cutting into his unemployment check. That means he is sticking it out at my former company in order to eek out the last few remaining hours before he moves on to working on commission. Which, I also understand to a point.

But there are those of us - meaning me! - waiting in the wings for him to move the fuck on so I can move up on the "on call" list and actually make some fucking money!

People like him will always give people a bad name.

No comments: