Sunday, September 02, 2007

More art

One thing that is missing in my life these days is art. Even though Portland is pretty cultured, I don't get out to see art, and art certainly isn't coming to me. I get to work by 7am, leave there at 3.30pm, go home and watch stupid afternoon tv for two hours (my current idea of "relaxing after work"), then go to the gym for two more hours. Home again for dinner, then crashing into bed for a night of sleep.

Art? No time for it.

In fact, I feel like I don't have time for anything these days. Art, relaxation, writing, people watching, whatever. My weekdays are booked up. No wonder I just want to stay inside and stare at the walls on the weekends! That is exactly what I did yesterday - I didn't even leave the house!

Today at least I am three blocks away from the house. That is progress, right? 8^)

There is an art event going on this weekend called Art in the Pearl. I bought a piece of art from there a few years ago. Maybe I will hike over that way and see what is going on. It's close to Powell's, so I could always skip out on the art and move on to books if the art was boring....

No comments: