Monday, April 16, 2007

Hard to Leave, Harder to Stay

The week in Mexico went well. Not perfect, but ok. Luis and I got some alone time by going to a gorgeous beach for two days. (Btw, if I ever live in Mexico again, I will be taking friends to this beach, so remember that and call me up when I'm down there again.) The next day we went to a close-by water slide park/spa with Laura and family. The spa was pretty new and very well done. It's a natural hot spring and they had two steam rooms, two jacuzzis, a mud area where you can pack on the mineral-rich mud, a juice bar and massage rooms. Nice.

The next day I packed my stuff and left Mexico.

I was having such a good time. This is what I had wanted to do more of when I was living here. I had wanted to travel around, see the country, explore the region. Instead we spent what felt like way too much time in Tuxpan. So all of a sudden it felt a bit difficult to leave - if life could be like this here in Mexico, I would stay. But, following up that thought was a quick reality check. It wasn't like that. It would be more isolation, more depression, more frustration. Really, it's better to leave on a high note.

No comments: