Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We're going to pump YOU up!!!

As of yesterday I have started going to the gym with Luis and Felipe. When Luis first started going, he thought I didn't want to go. I'm not sure why as I told him I used to work out in the weight room in Atlanta, but he has selective hearing at times (as do we all). And I thought he wanted time alone with a buddy other than me. But after trying a spinning class here in Tuxpan (women clientele only, and I only really worked out one area of my body-blech!), I decided that I should ask Luis to take me with him to the gym. Luis suggested I might like to find out if they have an aerobics class instead, and I looked at him like "you do remember who I am, yes? I'm the chick who likes to hang out with the guys, not the chick who wants to wear lycra and romp around a room with other lycra-clad women." So now the three of us go to Ciudad Guzman in the morning for an hour or so of weight lifting. I feel like I'm actually getting a work out there, which is much needed. And there are actually other women who work out there (on the weights, not in aerobics class!). Luis is a fairly ok teacher on the machines as well, which is good because it's been a few years since I used them. He's not a good teacher in general, but for some reason he's doing ok with this.

The last time I weighed myself (about 2 weeks ago), I was 72 kilos/160 pounds. After another week or two of this I'll weigh in again and see where I'm at.

No comments: