Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not the brightest bean

Luis and I were talking recently about people he works with. He described one as "he thinks he knows more than he actually does". Oh yeah, I said, I know people like that. They think they are all that and a bag of chips, when in fact, they are missing the bag of chips.

Suddenly I thought of my recent attempt to get a raise. And I wondered, am I one of those people? Do I think I am worth more than I really am?

As soon as that question is spoken I hear my mom's voice telling me that I am worth everything I ask for. She is my mom, she has never doubted what I tell her about my skills. Neither does Luis. He thinks I am more talented that I give myself credit for.

But I wonder. Do I really see my relative value in perspective? Or am I one of those people?

No comments: