Monday, October 30, 2006

Leon

We went to the city of Leon this weekend for a biker event.

I love Leon. I could live in Leon. It is a City with a capital "C". We stayed in a great hotel right on the center. I went out walking by myself one evening. Luis said "be careful" before I left. I said "I'm probably safer here than in Tuxpan." He agreed. So I went walking for an hour and a half.

I was in heaven.

And I realized something while we were in Leon. It's not me. I mean, this whole time I've been down here I've thought that I had a problem, that it was me who couldn't adjust to living in Mexico, that I just needed to try harder. That all my issues in my life have come to the surface and I'm struggling mightily with them, and if I could only get a grip on them things would improve.

HA! It's not me! It's not even Mexico! It's fucking Tuxpan! I just can't adapt to this pueblito (small town)!

There were two other women there with me (and the boys of the Chayacate Bikers Club) - one lives in Tuxpan, one lives in Colima but is originally from Tuxpan. They both agreed with me that Tuxpan is waaaaaaaaaaaay too small and the people here are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too small minded.

Gaby is from here, and so is her husband, but they have moved to Colima City in Colima state. She says she doesn't like going to visit Tuxpan. Her brother and father live here, but she doesn't come to visit too often.

Fatima is married to Herman, although they are seperated at the moment. She lives in a big house with her two kids and works as a housewife. She is concerned for her kids because there isn't anything to do here in Tuxpan. Her daughter wants to take ballet classes, but there aren't any. Her son wants to play musical instruments, but the music school here isn't all that great.

HA! It's NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a frickin relief. Now I have Gaby's email address and I plan on emailing her often. Just to remind myself that it isn't me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

creo que el grupo de motociclistas chayacate biker es lo mejor y tiene un futuro positivo,y es chido que a toda esta bola de batos se les alla ocurrido formar esta club,lleno de amistades y de las buenas algo de lo que carese tuxpan y hablando del compañero german, es un bato chido que gusta de las motos, como debe ser.. todo motociclsta..todo un chayacate.. chido y saludos a todos los que esten leyendo este comentario...