Saturday, June 24, 2006

Gone

So I now know someone here in Tuxpan who has died. She was a friend of Luis', whom I met the first December I came down here. At that time she had had at least one breast removed due to cancer. I can't remember now if she only had one or both removed at that point. She was slim but had a great enegy. This time down here, I re-met her once. We saw her in the center and she and Luis chatted for a while. Afterwards I commented to Luis that she seemed much more tired and low-energy. But she still had her fighting attitude. This was back in the early part of this year, I think. Maybe a month ago Luis heard that she had taken a downward turn. And today Luis told me that she had died. I never knew her, really, but I liked the energy she put out. She leave two children behind, and I hope they are well taken care of. She was only 33 years old.

No comments: